After successfully meeting all of the above requirements, the applicant may be immediately offered a position or placed on an eligibility list for up to one year. Once the applicant has been selected for hire, he or she must submit to a drug screening, physical examination, and psychological evaluation. Full-time Police Officers are paid a minimum of $17.30 per hour or $37,783.20 annually plus eligible salary incentives.
Applications are also available at:
DeLand City Hall, Personnel Department
120 S. Florida AvenueDeLand, FL 32720
Positions are open until filled and are subject to closure without notice.
Equal opportunity employer / M-F-V-D
Testing Procedure for Full Time and Reserve Police OfficersThe paperwork listed below must be completed by the applicant and returned to the Personnel Department before the applicant will be permitted to take the written examination and participate in subsequent selection criteria. All forms, which are required to be notarized or witnesses, must be completed before returning applications to the Personnel Department. Incomplete applications or incorrectly filled out applications may not be processed.
- A City of DeLand Police Department Employment Application must be completed.
- A copy of a High School diploma or GED Certification
- A copy of a Military Discharge (Form Number DD-214 for each tour) or notarized non-military service statement.
- A copy of your birth certificate
- A handwritten letter stating your desire to become a Police Officer with the DeLand Police Department.
- A copy of your State of Florida Certification and copy of State of Florida Test Scores or proof of Florida Police Minimum Standards Training.
- Three letters of recommendation written within one year of your application date.
- Authorization and release to obtain information. This form must be notarized.
- Authorization and release to obtain credit information. This form must be notarized.
- Affidavit of Applicant. This form must be notarized
- Fingerprint and Background Information Form.
- A copy of your Social Security card.
- A copy of your Florida Driver License.
- A copy of any certificates that might be related to the position you are applying for.