To qualify for a banner, honorees must meet the following requirements:
• Active or honorably discharged military personnel of the United States Armed Forces OR Died in the line of duty as a member of the United States Armed Forces
• Current DeLand resident;
• An immediate family member of a DeLand resident. (Immediate family would include a wife or husband, son or daughter, grandson or granddaughter, son-in-law or daughter-in-law).
The following must be included with the application:
- Photograph - A 5x7 or larger color photograph must be provided. The photograph should be of the service person in uniform. If none is available, a high resolution photo will suffice. The photograph must be of good quality and will not be returned. Please do not send original photograph.
- Verification of military service (i.e. copy of military orders or military ID, DD214 form).
- Proof of DeLand residency for service person or immediate family member (i.e. copy of utility bill or driver’s license).