State of Florida Incentives
For details on specific State incentive programs and qualifications visit
- Qualified Target Industry Tax Refund incentive available for creation of high wage jobs in targeted high value-added industries. Incentive includes refunds on corporate income, sales, ad valorem, intangible personal property, insurance premium, and certain other taxes.
- Quick Response Training Program reimburses new or expanding businesses for customized training for qualifying projects.
- Incumbent Worker Training Program reimburses existing for-profit businesses for employer-driven training for qualifying existing employees.
- High Impact Performance Incentive Grant for targeted, pre-approved high-impact facilities.
- Qualified Defense Contractor Tax Refund up to $3,000 per new qualified job created or retained. Refund may increase if additional qualifications are met.
- Economic Development Transportation Fund based on number of new and retained jobs and eligible transportation project costs, award up to $3 million is available to local government on behalf of a specific business.
- Capital Investment Tax Credit is used to attract and grow capital-intensive industries in Florida. It is an annual credit provided up to 20 years against the corporate income tax for qualifying projects.
City of DeLand Incentives *
- Expedited Permitting Process expedited permitting with a three business day turn-around is available for $100 for each 1,000 square feet of commercial space.
- Expedited Plan Review staff will provide expedited plan review services for development projects.
- Next day inspection services. Next day inspection services are available.
- Municipal Ad Valorem Tax Abatement Process Incentive is available for manufacturing and other qualified industries expanding or relocating in DeLand, creating new tax base and new jobs meeting established wage thresholds.
- One stop shop for building & fire services provided by the City.
- Land Development Regulations City staff is always willing to help facilitate meetings to help project representatives “walk through the regulations.”
- Community Redevelopment Districts Grants may be available for projects that benefit these districts.
- Career Source Business Assistance Programs (For details on specific programs and services available for Volusia County businesses, visit CareerSource.
* The City of DeLand encourages economic development by facilitating the expansion of existing businesses and by recruiting new high value businesses. The Economic Development Manager proactively assists by reviewing each project with the client or representative, then in coordination with our community and state partners, provides appropriate information about available local, county and state incentives. Each project is evaluated on a case-by-case basis and any incentives, loans or grants require the approval of the funding agency.