Duties & Responsibilities
- Distribute mailed invoices to appropriate department for verification and processing.
- Send a separate invoice for each shipment.
- Mail invoices and statements to:
City of DeLand – Accounts Payable120 South Florida Avenue DeLand, FL 32720-5422
- Process invoices for payment.
- A City of DeLand VISA Purchasing Card will be used to pay for services or goods provided unless otherwise directed. If VISA is not accepted then payment will be made at the regularly scheduled weekly payment date, unless specified otherwise by contract documents. Per Florida Statutes Section 501.0117(1) the City of DeLand pays no additional fees for payment with a VISA Purchasing Card.
- If vendor does not accept VISA a check will be issued. The scheduled weekly payment by check requires invoices to be submitted by the Monday of every week for checks to be processed on the Thursday of every week. Checks may be processed each Friday to take advantage of discounts or to comply with contract documents.
- Maintain vendor records.
- A completed W9 form is required for any vendor receiving payment from the City of DeLand. The City is required to file an information return with the IRS and must obtain your correct taxpayer identification number (TIN) to report income paid to you. Staff will contact you concerning completion of this form when assigning your company a City vendor number.
- Tax Exemption Certificate Number is 85-8013842706C-2.
- Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN) is 59-6000307.
Monday - Friday7:00AM – 4:00PM