Kevin Reid was elected to Seat 5 on the DeLand City Commission in November of 2018.
Kevin has always enjoyed the outdoors and serving others. Cultivating those two loves from an early age; first as an Eagle Scout growing up in south Florida and more recently as a member of Rotary Club, serving as President July 2018 to June 2019. He also currently serves on the PAL Board of Directors.
Kevin relocated to DeLand to attend college. He fell in love with its small-town charm and could not imagine a better place than DeLand to raise a family. He is a University of Central Florida graduate with a background in finance and accounting.
Kevin is married to Jennifer Rigsby Reid, a teacher at Blue Lake Elementary. They have been married since 2005 and have four sons; Kevin, Jr. (KJ), David, Liam and Mason. “I strive to be a role model for my sons and I am blessed to have the opportunity to do that in a wonderful community.”
- University of Central Florida, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration – Finance
- Daytona State College
- Archbishop Curley Notre Dame High School (Miami, FL)
Kevin is the CFO at The House Next Door, a local non-profit with a mission of nurturing and empowering families to help build strong communities.
- City Commissioner – November 2018 to present
- Florida League of Cities
- DeLand Planning Board Member
- Joint City-County Coordinating Committee of DeLand
- The Rotary Club of DeLand - President (2018-19)
- The Rotary Club of DeLand - Board of Directors (2016-18)
- Past Chairman of the Glamour and Gore Gala - Major Rotary Fundraiser
- Past Co-Chairman Rotary Golf Tournament
- Boy Scouts of America - Pack 550 Treasurer
- Color Line Roundtable
- DeLand Area Chamber of Commerce Member
- Graduate of Leadership West Volusia
- MainStreet DeLand Member
- PAL Board of Directors
- Eagle Scout
- Paul Harris Fellow