Jessica Davis was elected to Seat 3 on the DeLand City Commission on August 26, 2014, making her the first African American female to be elected to The DeLand City Commission.
Jessica Davis understands the sense of urgency needed in serving the citizens of DeLand and has a vested interest in the community. Understanding how economic development is directly related to communities and schools is vital to short and long-term success. Jessica understands such interrelationships and will ensure to the best of her ability that the citizens of DeLand can be provided the best quality of life for themselves and their family.
Jessica is a graduate of Florida Agricultural and
Mechanical University where she earned her bachelor of science degree in
broadcast journalism and minor in education.
Jessica is a High School Teacher for Volusia County
Schools where she teaches a career preparation and learning strategies elective
course for freshmen students.
- DeLand City Commissioner
- Florida League of Cities member
- Volusia League of Cities member
- Florida Black Caucus of Local Elected Officials member
- Minority Elected Officials of Volusia County, Charter Member
- Young Elected Officials Network Member
- Spring Hill Community CRA Board member
- Downtown CRA Board member
- Member of The DeLand Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta
- Member of Greater Union First Baptist Church
- Member of the Women of Faith Ministry, a youth mentoring and
community service ministry
- Organized the Community Financial Empowerment Workshop at The
Chisholm Community Center
- Participant in the Chisholm Community Center garden planting
- Organized a community feeding event in the aftermath of Hurricane
- Organized a Say to No Gun Violence concert after a rash of
shootings in the Spring Hill community
- Participated in organized walks in the Candlelight Oaks
community after a double homicide shooting at a block party
Jessica Davis is from the neighboring city of Daytona Beach. She married her best friend Mario Davis who is a DeLand native and they have a daughter named Marissa. Jessica enjoys spending quality time with her family, mentoring youth, participating in community engagement events, traveling, word search puzzles and reading.