Welcome to the City of DeLand Public Works Department. As the cornerstone of civilization, Public Works provides, maintains, and improves the structures and services that assure a higher quality of life for our communities. We promote economic development and sustainable growth of the City through maintenance of City assets, the plan review process, mapping and related stormwater services. Implementing these services, our street resurfacing program, tree services, tree nursery, and public transportation keep us linked together with safe travel for all boundaries of the City.
DeLand Public Works Mission Statement
Providing quality service and striving to plan, build, maintain, and operate public infrastructure in a manner that respects the environment and preserves the right-of-way for future generations.
DeLand Public Works Vision Statement
Through the planning, construction, maintenance and operation of public infrastructure, this department proactively identifies innovative solutions for creating a sustainable city for future generations.
DeLand Public Works Values Statement
The Public Works Department supports the Core Values of the City of DeLand:
- Helping People: We are servant leaders who value helping our community and teammates to the best of our ability.
- Communication: We value communication to create a better understanding of our shared purpose and commitment to our community and one another.
- Teamwork: We value the belief that delivering excellence requires the collective actions of our teammates.
- Integrity: We value honesty, fairness and consistency in our actions.
- Respect: We value treating everyone with professionalism, kindness, and dignity.
- Pride: We value personal responsibility in delivering excellence.
Roll off Service from tornado 8-18-20
Contact WCA at 800-535-9533 for roll off service for debris removal. They are offering special pricing to assist the business and residential partners in DeLand.
2019 Quarter 1
TREE GIVEAWAY 2021
Annual Tree Give Away