PURPOSE: To review tree planting within the City and recommend to the City Commission ways to improve the City's tree program.
[Reso. 88-41; Amended by Reso. 96-4]
REQUIREMENTS: Shall consist of seven members appointed by the City Commission to serve for a period of two (2) years. The Committee shall serve the purpose of reviewing tree planting within the City and recommending to the City Commission ways to improve the City’s tree program. City residency is not required.
Seat 1 - Bill Bailey Term expires: 08/2019
Seat 2 - Steve Edgar Term expires: 08/2019
Seat 3 - Barbara Stockhausen Term expires: 08/2019
Seat 4 - Dana Venrick Term expires: 08/2019
Seat 5 - Tadd Kasbeer Term expires: 08/2020
Seat 6 - Charles Gay Term expires: 08/2020
Seat 7 - Dr. Cynthia Bennington Term expires: 08/2020
DATE: June 3, 2019
TO: MAYOR AND COMMISSIONERS
FROM: JULIE A. HENNESSY, CITY CLERK
RE: Announcement of Board Vacancies
ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE
Seats 1, 2, 4 and 5 are vacant on the EDC. The Committee shall consist of five (5) people, each of whom shall be appointed for staggered terms for a period of two (2) years. No fewer than three (3) of the members shall be City residents. The membership of the Committee may, at the discretion of the City Commission, include designees of the Chamber of Commerce, and representatives from industry, academia, aviation, and businesses operating within the City limits. The City Commission may appoint a Commissioner to serve as an ex officio member of the Committee
HISTORIC PRESERVATION BOARD
Seat 5 on the HPB is vacant due to the resignation of Tracy McKenna. The Board shall have seven members appointed by the City Commission to serve for a period of three (3) years. At least four (4) of the seven members shall be residents of the City of DeLand. Three (3) members may be non-residents who own land in the Historic District. One member of the Board shall be a registered architect, if available. The remaining six appointments shall be made on the basis of civic pride, integrity, experience, and interest in the field of historic preservation. Should, whenever possible,appoint a representative from each of the following areas of expertise:
(b) Real estate or real property appraisal
(c) Urban planning and engineering
(d) Building construction
POWERS AND DUTIES:
(1) Update the official inventory of cultural resources and submit to the City Commission recommendations and documentation concerning the updating.
(2) Develop programs to stimulate public interest in urban neighborhood conservation, to participate in the adaptation of existing codes, ordinances, procedures, and programs to reflect urban neighborhood conservation policies and goals.
(3) Explore funding and grant sources and advise property owners concerning which might be available for identification,protection, enhancement, perpetuation, and use of historic, architectural, archeological, and cultural resources.
(4) Cooperate with agencies of city, county,regional, state and federal governments in planning proposed and future projects to reflect historic preservation concerns and policies, and assist in the development of proposed and future land use plans.
(5) Advise property owners and local governmental agencies concerning the proper protection, maintenance,enhancement, and preservation of cultural resources.
(6) Advise the City Commission concerning the effects of local governmental actions on cultural resources.
(7) Review and recommend the designation of sites, buildings, structures, objects, and districts, both public and private,as historically or architecturally significant.
(8) Approve or deny petitions for certificates of appropriateness required under the historic preservation regulations.
(9) Notify the Planning Director who shall take appropriate action when it appears that there has not been compliance with the historic preservation regulations.
(10) Assist in developing a historic preservation element to be incorporated into the City of DeLand’s Comprehensive Plan and, if necessary, make recommendations for amendments to historic preservation goals, objectives and policies in the plan.
Appointments are tentatively scheduled for the June 3, 2018 Regular Meeting of the City Commission. Applications are available n the City Clerk’s office in City Hall Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM.