- To acquire and maintain in current form such basic information and materials as are necessary to an understanding of past trends, present conditions, and forces at work to cause changes in these conditions.
- To prepare, amend and revise a comprehensive and coordinated general plan for meeting present requirements and such future requirements as may be foreseen.
- To establish principles and policies for guiding action in the development of the area.
- To prepare and recommend for adoption to the governing authority a zoning ordinance and map for its political jurisdiction.
- To amend or supplement the zoning regulations and districts adopted.
- To prepare and recommend to the governing body, other ordinances and resolutions promoting orderly development, along the lines indicated in the comprehensive plan for the growth an improvement of the area.
- To determine whether specific proposed developments conform to the principles and requirements of the comprehensive plan.
- To conduct public hearings as may be required to gather information necessary for the drafting, establishment and maintenance of the comprehensive plan.
- To make, cause to be made or obtain special duties on the location, condition and adequacy of specific facilities of the area.
- Variances. The Planning Board shall have the duty and power to grant variances and hear and decide appeals as provided for in Article IX of this Chapter.
- To perform any other duties which may be lawfully assigned to it by the City Commission.
Requires filing of Annual Financial Form (Form 1). [Charter Section 78; Ordinance Number: 67-6, 88-07, 2005-34, 2007-46, 2008-39.]
REQUIREMENTS: Shall consist of seven members who shall be residents of the City, who shall be appointed by the City Commission. The terms of the members shall be four years. Each year a chairman is elected from among the members.
Seat 1 - BuzNesbit Term expires: 11/2022
Seat 2 - JeremyOwens Term expires: 11/2020
Seat 3 -Noreen Kay Huth Term expires: 11/2022
Seat 4 - SteveTonjes -Chairman Term expires: 11/2020
Seat 5 -Donald Liska Term expires: 11/2022
Seat 6 -Virginia Comella Term expires: 11/2022
Seat 7 - GusGibbs erm expires: 11/2020