Staffed by a supervisor and three clerks, the police department’s records section is central to the collection, processing, retrieval and copying of government records generated by police department personnel. Open Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., except City holidays, and located in the front lobby of the police building, requests for records, report copies, background checks and taxi permits can be made at the service window. Also located in the front lobby is an access telephone that can used to contact police dispatch and request the services of a
police officer who will meet the caller in the front lobby.
Charges for common services include:
- Copies of reports are no charge up to 20 pages. Any report over 20 pages incurs a fee of fifteen cents for a single sided copy and twenty cents for double sided copies.
- Following state law, copies of crash reports are free and are available to persons involved in the crash and their legal representative within the first 60 days of the accident; identification is required. After 60 days the reports become public record.
- Taxi Permits - $25.00
- Taxi Owner permits - $150 yearly with $50.00 application fee for first time applicants
- Local Records Checks - $2.00
- Traffic Homicide Reports - $25.00
- Improper Equipment ticket sign offs $4.00 with the balance going to the Clerk of the Court