Pay Grade: 7
Dept: Parks and Recreation
Reports to: Parks Director
Hours: 40 per week
Date: November 2006
SUMMARY: This position supervises the operation of local trailer parks. The work is performed under the general direction of the Parks and Recreation Director, but the employee must exercise independent judgment and ingenuity in accomplishing program objectives and in interpreting the needs and desires of the public.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages and maintains temporary or permanent lodging facilities,
- Shows and rents or assigns accommodations.
- Registers guests.
- Collects rents and records data pertaining to rent funds and expenditures.
- Resolves occupants' complaints.
- Purchases supplies and arranges for outside services, such as maintenance and repair, and trash collection.
- Cleans public areas, such as entrances, halls, and laundry rooms.
- Makes minor electrical, plumbing, and structural repairs.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and /or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: High school graduation or GED is required. Extensive experience in construction and park maintenance work with some experience as a supervisor in such activities is required.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: The applicant must have the ability to develop and maintain good personal relationship with others, and communicate both orally and in writing.
REASONING ABILITLY: The applicant must have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram forms. The applicant must also be able to deal with problems involving several variables in standardized situations when immediate guidance from the supervisor may not be available.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Thorough knowledge of the methods and equipment used in landscaping and park maintenance.
- Ability to operate a variety of power tools and related equipment. Ability to supervise the work of others.
- Ability to keep records and make reports.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/ADA: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may reach, climb, walk, stand, stoop, drive, balance or push to complete job task. The employee may work in an office environment or outside in various weather conditions. The employee may work in or with moving vehicles and/or equipment. The employee may come in contact with heights, electrical energy, poor lighting, darkness, odors, and may be required to have legs, feet, or hands in water while on the job.
Lifting: 15 - 75 Pounds
Environment: Inside office or outside in various weather conditions
Vision: 20/20 or Corrected to 20/100
Hearing: Normal Noise Levels
*Class Descriptions are not intended to be restrictive. The use of (or absence of) a particular illustration of duties shall not be held to exclude or limit the authority of a Department Head to assign other duties which are similar and related to work.