Pay Grade: 12
Reports to: Police Recs Super
Hours: 40 per week
Date: June 2010
SUMMARY: This position performs clerical skills in the preparation and maintenance of Police Department records, including confidential material. The employee reports to Police Records Supervisor.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Enters arrest records, documents and reports into the computer.
- Processes offense reports.
- Prepares uniform crime reports, traffic citations, notices to appear, parking permits, burglar alarm permits, and taxi permits.
- Separates and posts warning tickets, and prepares citation tickets.
- Prepares, distributes and files arrest packages.
- Processes fingerprint cards.
- Makes records checks.
- Corrects accident reports.
- Maintains activity log.
- Processes infraction tickets.
- Balances petty cash daily.
- Answers inquires.
- Inputs into the computer police reports for UC purposes.
- Accesses, inputs and retrieves data from a computer.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and /or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required. Some office clerical experience with the use of a computer is required. Any equivalent certification of education, experience and training may be used as a substitute for minimum requirements.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: The applicant must have the ability to deal with the general public in a professional, courteous manner.
REASONING ABILITLY: The applicant must have the ability to answer questions and resolve problem situations or refer to appropriate office. The applicant must have the ability to follow check lists and recognize different types of required exhibits and plans. The employee must be able to comprehend instructions, reports, citations, notices, records, and applications.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to access input and retrieves data from a computer.
- Good knowledge of English grammar and spelling.
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of computer access, input and retrieval.
- Ability to type accurately 45 words a minute.
- Understanding of the Florida Public Records Law.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/ADA: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long of periods of time performing repetitive functions. The employee must be able to access file cabinets for filling and retrieve data. The employee must have the ability to sit at a desk and view a screen for extended periods of time.
Lifting: 15-45 Pounds
Environment: Office/Sedentary Work/Outside in Various Weather Conditions
Vision: 20/20 or Corrected to 20/100
Hearing: Normal Noise Levels for Office Environment
*Class Descriptions are not intended to be restrictive. The use of (or absence of) a particular illustration of duties shall not be held to exclude or limit the authority of a Department Head to assign other duties which are similar and related to work.
To Fill Out Application and Submit Electronically Click Here