Pay Grade: 19
Dept: City Clerk Office
Reports to: City Clerk
Hours: 40 per week
Date: November 2006
SUMMARY: This position performs routine internal audits and assists the City Clerk in records management and other administrative and secretarial functions. This position reports to the City Clerk, and the employee must be knowledgeable of the City Clerk's job functions and responsibilities. In absence of the clerk, this position is required to perform the City Clerk's functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Agenda preparation and transcribes minutes distribution.
- Assists the clerk in conducting elections.
- Performs internal audits.
- Establishes and maintains a continuing program for the management and disposition of all City records.
- Posts purchase orders.
- Attends City Commission meetings in the Clerk's absence.
- Records City documents.
- Indexes City records.
- Performs work found in the Administrative Assistant classification.
- Performs fixed assets inventory and record keeping.
- Indexes records and leases.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and /or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: High school graduation is required, with accounting and computer experience. One year similar experience is neccesary or any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of record keeping procedures and maintenance systems.
- Knowledge of municipal government records desirable.
- Clerical and computer skills.
- Ability to work well with other City employees and general public.
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
- Ability to type prescribed words per minute accurately.
- Ability to access, input and retrieve information from a computer.
- Knowledgeable of advanced writing and grammar skills.
- Familiar with accounting/bookkeeping skills.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/ADA: The employee will work inside an office environment. The employee must be able to access file cabinets for filing and retrieval of data, and may be required to sit for extended periods of time viewing a display screen.
Lifting: 0-20 Pounds
Environment: Inside Office Environment
Vision: 20/20 or Corrected to 20/100
Hearing: Normal Noise Levels for Office Environment
*Class Descriptions are not intended to be restrictive. The use of (or absence of) a particular illustration of duties shall not be held to exclude or limit the authority of a Department Head to assign other duties which are similar and related to work.