Pay Grade: 10
Reports to: Supervisor
Hours: 40 per week
Date: March 2007
SUMMARY: Performs a variety of clerical tasks. May perform typing tasks. This is responsible and varied clerical work which may require a qualified typist. It calls for the exercise of judgment in the application of prescribed procedures and methods to routine matters. Depending upon the nature of the assignment, the work may be done under close or general supervision and checked by another step in a clerical process or by an immediate supervisor.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- May be required to transcribe from Dictaphone.
- Prepares purchase orders and accounts payable slips.
- Processes invoices and applications.
- Searches records.
- Handles time and attendance report for employment department.
- Writes up maintenance requests.
- Employee cross-indexes and files documents and correspondence alphabetically, numerically or by other classification.
- Maintains logs and other records.
- Assembles data from office records for incorporation into various reports.
- Maintains simple and complex records.
- May act as receptionist if necessary.
- Must operate a computer.
- Delivers and picks up material.
- Ability to type correspondence from rough drafts, requisitions, statistical tabulations and data, form letters, memoranda, voucher, reports and other materials.
- Takes messages and transfers calls.
- Accesses, inputs and retrieves information from a computer.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and /or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: High school graduation required, with business school training highly desirable. Some experience in clerical work which involves typing. Or any equivalent combination of education, experience and training.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as legal documents, personnel forms, and data sheets. Applicant must also be able to communicate effectively with job applicants, current employees and the general public.
REASONING ABILITLY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram forms. Applicant must also be able to deal with problems involving several variables in standardized situations when immediate guidance from the supervisor may not be available.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Good knowledge of office terminology, procedures and equipment and of business arithmetic and English.
- Some knowledge of elementary bookkeeping.
- Ability to understand and follow complex oral and written directions.
- Ability to make minor decisions in accordance with laws, ordinances, regulations and established policies.
- Ability to make relatively complex mathematical computations rapidly and accurately.
- Clerical aptitude.
- Ability to type from clear copy or draft at an average rate of speed.
- Good judgment.
- Tact and courtesy.
- Ability to operate a computer with good knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of personal computer operations.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/ADA: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long of periods of time performing repetitive functions and/or view a display screen. Some of these functions include: filing and ordering files. Ability to access, input and retrieve information from a computer.
Lifting: 15 Pounds or less
Environment: Office/Sedentary Work
Vision: 20/20 or Corrected to 20/100
Hearing: Normal Noise Levels for Office Environment
To Fill Out Application and Submit Electronically Click Here.