City of DeLand
Part Time Animal Care Officer
Pay Grade: 8 Dept: Police
Exempt: No Reports to: Lead Worker or a Sgt.
Hours: 10 hours per week/part time Date: October 2011
SUMMARY: This position performs a variety of semi-skilled manual tasks under the direct supervision of a lead worker or other higher level classified employees. Duties may involve the removal or repositioning of cages and use of equipment normally used to house animals in a kennel facility. Duties will be performed in an environmentally controlled building; however, some core duties i.e. walking animals may have to be performed under adverse weather.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Possesses a valid Florida Drivers License.
- Performs duties associated with the care and custody of domestic animals i.e.
- Handling domestic animals for cage transfer.
- Cleaning animal cages and preparing vacant cages for occupation.
- Repositioning or moving cages.
- Feeding, watering, and providing humane care for healthy animals.
- Updating the lead worker or sergeant of usual circumstances, sick/injured animals, or the need to replenish supplies.
- Exercising dogs caged at the facility.
- General housekeeping maintenance of the lobby area.
- Act as the liaison between the Police Department and Value Vet.
- Develop and maintain good relations with animal advocacy groups.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and /or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee must not be adverse to animal waste or have adverse health issues associated with an environment causing exposure to animal waste or handling domestic animals in the general sense.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: The individual must be in good physical condition and have the ability to accept and understand directions. A comparable amount of education, training, or experience may be substituted for minimum requirements.
|To Complete and Submit Application Electronically Click Here.