Jessica Davis was elected to Seat 3 on the DeLand City Commission on August 26, 2014, making her the first African American female to be elected to The DeLand City Commission.
Jessica Davis understands the sense of urgency needed in serving the citizens of DeLand and has a vested interest in the community. Understanding how economic development is directly related to communities and schools is vital to short and long-term success. Jessica understands such interrelationships and will ensure to the best of her ability that the citizens of DeLand can be provided the best quality of life for themselves and their family.
Jessica is a graduate of Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University where she earned her bachelor of science degree in broadcast journalism and minor in education.
Jessica is a Career Coach with Henkels and McCoy Training Services who are partners with CareerSource Flagler Volusia. As a Tier I Workforce Development Trained Professional, Jessica works with at-risk youth on GED preparation and Work Readiness Skills.
• Member of The DeLand Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority Inc.
• Chair of The Economic Development Committee of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
• DeLand High School Girls Mentor
• Trustee Ministry Member, Greater Union First Baptist Church
• Secretary, Women of Faith Ministry at Greater Union Life Center
• Tax Preparer for the IRS VITA free tax preparation program with United Way
• Organized The Community Financial Empowerment Workshop at The Chisholm Community Center
Participant in The Chisholm Community Center Garden planting
Jessica Davis is from the neighboring city of Daytona Beach. She married her best friend Mario Davis who is a DeLand native and they have a daughter named Marissa. Jessica enjoys spending quality time with her family, mentoring youth, participating in community engagement events, traveling, word search puzzles and reading.