Skip Navigation
This table is used for column layout.
Welcome to the official website for DeLand, Florida

Find City of Deland on Google Maps
Open for Business Logo
City of DeLand
120 S. Florida Avenue
DeLand, FL 32720
Phone: 386-626-7000
Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Guidelines for Applying to Receive Municipal Water and Sewer
Complete the Request for Verification of Potable Water and Sanitary Sewer Form and return to, DeLand City Hall, 120 S. Florida Ave., DeLand, FL 32720 (1st Floor Building Division).  If unable to bring in person, please mail or fax the application to (386) 626-7135.  Upon receipt of the completed application, the Building Department will notify the applicable department of your request.  The particular department will determine if water and/or sewer is available at your location and will notify the Building Department with the results in writing.  Please do not call the Building Department during this time as we will inform you of the results in a timely manner.

The Building Department will contact the applicant with the results and, if available, will obtain a fixture count in order to determine the cost of services.  If applying for water and/or sewer for a new construction project that is outside the city limits of DeLand, one set of Volusia County approved plans is required to be submitted, in addition to a $35.00 plan review fee.  Water and/or sewer fees for new construction inside the city limits of DeLand are processed and assessed with the building permit when issued.  If located outside the city limits of DeLand, a Covenant to Support Annexation will need to be signed and processed along with an additional fee of $110.00.  The Covenant basically states that the city is willing to provide municipal water and/or sewer service on the condition that the property will be annexed to the city when and if it becomes contiguous.

The Building Department will notify the applicant of fees due.  The applicant will need to make a payment in full at DeLand City Hall, 120 S. Florida Ave., DeLand, FL 32720 (1st Floor Building Division).   Once payment is received along with applicable forms, please allow 3-5 business days for the work order to be processed.  The Utilities Department will come to the project location and set the meter or, if in the case of sewer, will mark lateral.  The applicant is responsible for hiring a licensed plumber to connect to the service and pull a permit through the Building Department.  If the location is outside the city limits of DeLand, the permit will need to be pulled through the Volusia County Building Department at 123 W. Indiana Ave., Room 203, DeLand, FL 32720.  For more information, please call (386) 736-5929.

If currently on septic and city sewer is available, a Certificate of Abandonment will need to be obtained through the Volusia County Health Department located at 121 W. Rich Ave., DeLand, FL 32720.  Please call (386) 736-5579 for more information.  We will need a copy of the certificate before the Utility Department will proceed with the work order.

If applying for an upgrade in service, the charge is the difference between the cost of the size of the existing meter plus any applicable installation charges.  If applying to down size your current meter, the cost is a flat fee of $100.00, unless there is a unique situation in which additional fees may apply.  Please see current list of fees for more information.

Keep in mind that every situation is unique and may require additional costs depending on the project and location.  If you have questions or need assistance completing the application, please call (386) 626-7009, (386) 626-7008 or (386) 386-7007.

City of DeLand, Florida
Photo of turtles in pond
Website Disclaimer            Privacy Statement