Airport Characteristics/Fact Sheet
- DeLand Municipal Airport accommodates general aviation air service 24 hours a day.
- The airport is owned and operated by the City of DeLand.
- The City of DeLand started the airport in the 1920s with the first asphalt runway built around 1936.
- City of DeLand donated the airport to the Navy in 1941 and it was known as the DeLand Naval Air Station. In March of 1946 it was returned to the City of DeLand.
- The airport covers 1600 acres.
- DeLand Municipal Airport – Sydney H. Taylor Field is located in Volusia County, approximately 40 miles north of Orlando and just west of Interstate 4. Daytona Beach is 16 miles to the east. The airport is situated approximately three miles northeast of the DeLand downtown business district; it lies north of US Route 92 and east of US Route 17. The primary access is via Flight Line Blvd, which intersects US Route 92 less than two miles east of US Route 17.
Management and Staff
- The Airport Manager and with the guidance received from the Airport Adviosry Committee & Economic Development Committee guide the airport.
- John Eiff serves as the Airport Manager and Beverly Lewis as Adminstrative Assistant II both tasked with Airport maintenance.
- Corporate and Private Aircraft Hangars
- Industrial Park
- Aircraft Maintenance Facilities
- General Aviation Terminal Facilities
- Two Runways - 4,300' and 6,000'
- Various Landing and Navigational Aids
- Taxiways Medium Intensity Runway Light
- Instrument Approaches for All-Weather Access
- Aircraft Parking Aprons
General Aviation Services
- Automated Weather Observation Station (AWOS)
- On-Demand Air Charter
- VOR, LPV, & RNAV GPS Approaches (5 Total)
- Aircraft Sales
- Radio Advisory Service for Pilots
- Aircraft Rental
- Aerial Photography
- Flight Training
- Aircraft Maintenance
- Hangar Storage
- Scenic Rides
- Search and Rescue
- Aerial Photography
- Ramp Services (Aircraft Fueling, Tie-downs, and Catering)
Amenities and support services
- Catering Services
- Hotel Accommodations
- Limousine Services
- 18-hole Golf Course at Victoria Hills Golf Club & more
- Rental Car Services
- DeLand Taxi Service
- One Full-Service FBO
- DeLand Jet Center