AGENDA FOR A REGULAR MEETING OF
THE CITY COMMISSION OF THE CITY OF DELAND
HELD ON MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 21, 2009 AT 7:00 P.M.
CITY COMMISSION CHAMBERS, CITY HALL
120 SOUTH FLORIDA AVENUE
CALL TO ORDER
INVOCATION: Pastor John Hope, First Christian Church
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
PUBLIC HEARING: Resolution Adopting Final Millage Rate, Fiscal Year 2009-2010.
Resolution Adopting Final Budget, Fiscal Year 2009-2010.
Final public hearing on the proposed FY 2009-10 budget and establishing a millage rate to support the budget at 5.9995 mills for operating and .2399 for debt service.
1. Presentation to Gallery Homes of DeLand re Water Star Rebate Program.
2. Presentation from Volusia County Police Athletic League (PAL)..
1. Approval of Minutes, August 3, 2009 Regular Meeting.
2. Approval of Minutes, August 17, 2009 Regular Meeting.
3. Resolution re Surplus Equipment.
Adoption of Resolution declaring equipment surplus and authorizing its disposal as set forth therein.
4. Recognition of Sublease, Daytona Airport Hangars to Simulation Standards.
Recogntion of the proposed sub-lease to Simulation Standards, LLC.
5. Approval of Lease Agreement with Cloud Dancer Aviation, Inc. for Ramp Space.
Approval of the ramp space lease to Cloud Dancer Aviation.
6. Award of Bid, Pest Control Services.
This item is for award of bid for Pest Control Services to Massey Services.
7. Award of Bid, Annual Cooperative Bid for Water and Wastewater Chemicals.
DeLand has joined with several other cities to collectively bid water and wastewater treatment chemicals. It is recommended that the City Commission award to the various low bidders in a total estimated annual amount of $316,166.
8. Consideration re Contract for Grant Services – Brooks & Dun.
Approval of the contract with Brooks & Dun for grant consulting services.
PETITIONS AND REQUESTS FROM THE PUBLIC PRESENT
1. Second Reading of Ordinance No. 2009-30, Changing the Zoning of Approximately 13.72 Acres, Located on the South Side of C.R. 92, Approximately 300 Feet East of S.R. 15A (1099 West International Speedway Boulevard) (Miller Brothers Property).
The applicant, Miller Brothers Properties, LTD desires to rezone the subject property as a commercial Planned Development to create a commercial center.
2. Second Reading of Ordinance No. 2009-31, Annexing Two (2) Parcels of Property Totaling Approximately 15 Acres, Located North and West of the Bent Oaks Subdivision (Bent Oaks Retention Pond).
The City of DeLand is the applicant for annexing approximately 15 acres of property adjacent to the Bent Oaks subdivision.
1. Resolution Approving Final Plat, Spring Oaks Professional Center Subdivision, Located at 154 McGregor Road.
The applicant, Steen Associates, has submitted a final plat that will redefine the three existing developed lots that were created through the minor subdivision process and the creation of two additional lots for future development (five lots total).
2. Resolution Approving Combined Plat for Berman Commercial Subdivision Re-Plat, Approximately 13.76 Acres Located at 1695 North Woodland Boulevard.
The applicant, Michelle H. Tanner, CPH Engineers, Inc. For BG Land, LLC, has requested a Combined Plat for the purpose of subdividing lot 3 of the Berman Commercial Subdivision. The subdivision changes the number of lots from 1 to 4 and will be called Berman Replat.
3. Resolution Authorizing Historic Parking Waiver for Nine (9) Spaces, 222 North Woodland Boulevard (Bonkerz Comedy Club).
The applicant, Donald B. Dempsey, Jr., is requesting a parking waiver for 222 N. Woodland Blvd.
4. Resolution, Fourth Quarter Budget Amendment.
Resolution to amend FY 08-09 budget after review of 4th quarter expenditures.
CITY MANAGER’S REPORT
CITY ATTORNEY’S REPORT
CITY CLERK’S REPORT